Friday, March 12, 2010

Dear Nay and Tay,

How I wish I'm there with you.  I miss home.  I miss the warm Tinola at dinner and how we all used to argue about politics over the table but ended laughing about it.  I miss how we all used to squeeze ourselves together just so we could all sleep in one bed.

You are the greatest parents any child could wish for and I am so proud of you.  I wish I could also be the greatest child you could wish for.  When you asked me to take a nap after lunch, I wish I listened.  When you asked me to wash the dishes,  I wish I did without breaking a saucer or a cup.  When you asked me to attend my classes, I wish I never dropped by a video-game station and played Mario Bros. 3 instead.

And I wish I never left from your side.  My heart has always been at home, longing for your warm embrace.  My desire for independence was only so I could help but I guess I failed.  I am sorry I've disappointed you once more and I hope you can forgive me.

I love you Nay, Tay.  I won't break your hearts this time I promise because I'll just keep this to myself.


Your prodigal son,
Fish

No comments: