Friday, March 12, 2010

How to Stay Alive Plan

As with all situations, there's a need for a good plan.  My goal is to stay healthy and be productive for as long as heaven grants.  I am very poor and my family partially depends on me (my father being diabetic now) so dying early is not an option.  I've just got to live despite the difficult circumstances.


    1.  Talk to someone I trust.

Unfortunately for me, most of my closest friends, old and new, are either offshore or in far-flung  provinces.  They aren't physically here but I'm glad they're all reachable through Facebook, mobile phones, etc.  I am overwhelmed by the acceptance, support and love from the people whom I've already talked to.  I am very thankful they're around to tell me that I've got to hang on because having this virus is not the end of the world.

The list is not very long.  I have yet to talk to others especially to my two childhood bestfriends but I am not ready to give them the news yet so I hope they forgive me for not telling them right away.

    2.  Get back to work.
                
I've been away from the office for quite some time now.  I am going back by Monday and hoping to become even more productive than ever before.  I will not stress myself out, of course.  Everything has to be balanced.

    3.  Quit smoking.

With all the strength left in me, I will have to do this.  As of this week, I've already cut as much as 75% of the number of sticks I used to smoke.  I also don't inhale as much anymore.  I'll try to completely cut it by the end of this month.  It's really difficult to suddenly just halt having been a smoker since I was 17.  Baby steps but yes, I can do this!

    4.  Stay healthy.

This means eating properly, exercising regularly and getting as much sleep as possible.  Living with HIV is a battle.  A warrior is only as good as his skills and battlegear.  An HIV warrior is only as good as his health.
                
I still have two weeks before I get my confirmatory results.  After that, I'll have to get CD4+ and Viral Load tests right away.  I also wish to get into the HAART program just as soon as well.

   5.  Save, save, save.

I need to cut my expenses drastically.  I know I'm gonna be needing as much money as possible for future emergencies and expenses.  I'm planning to move out of my apartment soon and get a lesser expensive room.  Or if there's someone out there willing to share my tiny studio, that's also an option!

   6.  Make life meaningful!

I've always wanted to help and reach out but didn't really have the drive until now.  Well, there's no better time than now.  HIV has given me a sense of urgency.  I have to do the things I've long wanted to do - spread awareness being one of them.


That's the short term plan.  God bless me.

3 comments:

PinoyPoz said...

Start planning long term... now that you know your status, the possibilities are endless. :-)

fishinthepacific said...

i will definitely do. one step at a time muna :) it's really overwhelming for now.

Zack said...

i'm such an organized person and i love planning... after reading, it gave me more urge to plan ahead. Like you, i'm new in this world. Hope to meet you someday... Hey, i'm not really a "blog-type-of-guy" but i guess i wanna make one.. :D
You can reach me through email, tetrahydroziline@gmail.com
Ta!