Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Night I Got Resurrected

I was having lunch yesterday when I checked my inbox and was glad to have received an email from LT.  That's Lucky Trese for you bitches but if you first thought it's Lorna T., I'm sure he wouldn't mind; he's just as beautiful as I would have found out later that evening.  He gave me his number in the email and told me that if I do need someone to talk to or meet up for coffee perhaps, he's available.  I nearly jumped out of my seat! Of course I want to meet him.  So, I saved his number and planned to text him later in the afternoon to warm things up a little.

Then, the power went out.  I was a bit annoyed because temp was over 31ºC and I couldn't stand the heat and humidity in this third-world country.  I immediately took a shower and off I went to Shangri-la Plaza in 20 minutes.  It's really convenient to be near malls at this time of the year; you need all the A/C in the world just to be relieved from the searing heat of El Niño and malls provide you exactly just that.

At Shang, I bought a cup of frozen yogurt topped with blueberries.  It was my first cup since I decided to house-arrest myself for about half a month.  Little things like this make my sweet-tooth self a bit happy and poor me got deprived for quite some time already.

Then, I went to National Bookstore to read my favorite magazines - Time and Newsweek.  Yeah, yeah, I'm a geek.  The articles were about the usual things.  The world is still crazy with threats of war going on between the Middle East and the US - old news; China's going to beat Japan's economy this year - expected; and Facebook reigning it supreme in the interwebz - we already know that, right?

I texted LT and asked him how he was doing.  After a few exchanges of texts, God, I could instantly tell he's funny!  I love people who have a good sense of humor.  They're the ones I could easily get along with.  Don't get me wrong, I could use all the drama I need given the circumstances but I also badly need a good laugh.  We then later decided to meet up at Greenbelt to have dinner and oh boy, I couldn't wait.

At exactly 7PM, he was already at our meeting place and was dressed precisely as he described it.  We gave very quick introductions and decided to have dinner at Kitchen.  After we sat down and gave our orders, we went down to business.  Nothing really serious.  I wanted to hear his story and I've had a few questions in mind too which were begging for answers.

I was happy to hear he's having a blast.  He still goes out and party.  Why of course, I shouldn't have been surprised at all!  It's just me being swallowed by paranoia.  Life should go on.  We are not disabled.  We just really need to take care of ourselves, that's all.

As we were having dinner, we were joined by two more superheroes - J and M.  They were in the area, it so happened and I was very glad they were.  I've been hoping to meet them and last night was just the perfect night.  Then, another two joined us, V and M2.  Just absolutely perfect.

LT had to leave after dinner but I stayed with the rest of the gang.  I love them right away.  With them, it feels like home - warm.  They made me feel so and I am very thankful.  On my way home, I smiled to myself and said, "Welcome back to Earth, you've been raised from the dead."

4 comments:

Trese said...

huy... dont call me Lorna... basta basta.... long story. hehehehe

fishinthepacific said...

wahaha i was just kidding!

PinoyPoz said...

nice entry... twas great to finally meet you.

fishinthepacific said...

thanks!! it was really nice meeting you guys. can't wait to hang out with you again sometime soon :)